Monday, July 06, 2009

another random Monday...

...it was a quiet weekend for me. I managed to get a few chores done around the house and few crafty things. I pretty much did what I could and rested when I needed to.

The Husband was busy in the garden trying to get the drip irrigation set up so I don't have to do any watering while he's on his trip. He's trying to get other things ready, too.

The Daughter will be home for a visit this weekend, so it's time to unearth her room again. The spinning fiber has started migrating to her dresser, so I need to herd it back into my craft room!(HA!)

It took me a while, but I plied the Purr-ple yarn that I had ready to go:

Purr-ple yarn, finished

Started 5/2/09
Finished 7/5/09
Purr-ple batts from Lisa Souza, Superfine Merino and Border Leicester lamb
Spun and Plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yards: 300 Navajo-ply
WPI: 15

I worked on the Under the Sea socks when I felt like it. I finally got to the heel and turned it...after a few false starts, that is (so not in love with wrap-and-turn). I'm not completely happy with the heels, but they fit and I'm not frogging them again!

Oh, and I did make an Apricot Crisp with the last of the Blenheims...it was a nice after-dinner treat! I added a little extra ginger to the topping, which gave it a nice zing.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...