Wednesday, July 29, 2009

anybody seen my knitting mojo?

...cuz it's no where around here! I keep trying to finish any of my knitting WIPs—two rows in and I'm bored. Needless to say, there are no updated photos of these projects.

Maybe it's time to start quilting again.

As promised, here are pictures of the finished Deep Blue Sea shawl, cleverly positioned so you don't see the places that really irk me:

Deep Blue Sea Shawl

and here's a close-up:

Deep Blue Sea Shawl, close up

Specs:
Started 7/16/09
Finished 7/25/09
Warp: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Lightweight in Narikama; 10 epi
Weft: Handspun Seawool yarn (top from Creatively Dyed); 7-8 ppi
95"L x 18"W;
Loom: Ashford 20" Knitters Loom

I really want to love this shawl, but the best I can manage is "like." The colors are nice and I really enjoyed spinning the seawool, but the misbehaving warp really irritates me. The next weaving project should be better!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...