Friday, July 31, 2009

Last Friday of the month...

...can you believe that tomorrow is August! This year is flying! And since tomorrow is August, that means I need to pull a recap together. I'll post one over the weekend sometime.

I've been posting Eye Candy Friday pictures for a couple of years now. It's getting harder and harder to find new and interesting things to photograph in my little world. I mean, I've taken pictures of every flower, vegetable, and fruit in our garden at every stage of growth; pictures of stuff in the neighborhood; pictures of the cats; pictures of my stash and projects; and 50,000 pictures of sky. I've run out of ideas. Got any suggestions?


So today you get a picture of the Loopy Ewe Anniversary kit that I received yesterday:

Loopy Ewe Anniversary Kit

I love the shape and color of the cup; the yarn color is eerily similar to the Rockin' Sock Club installment for July.

Shepherd Sock in Loopy's Knitting Nook

I'm not sure what I'll do with the yarn...it could make an interesting woven scarf for someone who loves these colors. Hmmmm...

Up this weekend: other than the standard errands and some house cleaning, nothing really planned at this point. I still haven't found my knitting mojo, so maybe some spinning, or maybe not. I'm really suffering from craft ennui right now. Maybe I'll just read. I have 5 Laurell K Hamilton books in the queue. I wonder how many I can get through this weekend...

3 comments:

Just Jane said...

you must have some bars of soap around that would be a nice pictures...or other projects you've finished along the way....or take a weekend trip someplace that's interesting, and take a bunch of pictures...then "eyecandy" them for awhile...with a little bio on these places.....funky cafes...yarn shops we keep hearing about....special events that you attend...how's that for a start...and who says the eye candy pic has to be 'taken' on friday...stockpile from the week! The sock yarn would be nice for a scarf...good plan when you don't like the patterns...you could create a LOT of scarfs to sell around the holidays to people you know...even perhaps send some pics up to facebook....for sale...
have a good weekend...around here...cleaning and creating a pattern idea for a winter quilt cover I "INTEND" on making for wintertime....cannot find one with colors I'm looking for less than a small fortune! Hunter green, navy blue and cranberry/burgundy and perhaps another color...might go more fall colors that can be work for wintertime too...so they are warm colors for winter, that can be accentuated for the holidays....
so if pattern is designed and I figure the fabric needs, perhaps a trip to the fabric store???

Just Jane said...

oh yeah...we're going to a "how to host a murder" party...I'm a jazz/blues singer from the 1920's been interesting finding garb...will get a picture!

marie said...

Well, it's the color of the yarn that make me think "gift" rather than the pattern. These are not my colors...I thought it would be less "yellow" when I ordered it. Of course, I really just wanted the cup and tape measure...the pattern and the yarn were just extras!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...