Wednesday, July 15, 2009

sprinting for Tour de Fleece...

...I'm getting some quality time at the wheel while I'm on vacation. My goal was to finish at least two yarns for Tour de Fleece and I have met that goal. I won't have any time to spin after Thursday (unless I can sneak some spindling in), so I'm enjoying it while I can!

I finished the Seafoam yarn:

Seafoam yarn

...and the close up:

Seafoam yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 7/5
Finished 7/14
BFL top from Yarn Wench
Yield: 322 yds, Navajo-ply
WPI: 15

I started and finished Shipwreck:

Shipwreck Yarn

I spun this one a bit thicker and then did a two-ply. Here's the close-up:

Shipwreck yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 7/13
Finished 7/14
Scarlet O'Hara Roving by Yarn Love (bought at Loopy Ewe
Yield: 300 yds 2-ply
WPI: 13

Sorry the pictures are a bit off. I took them at night because I wanted to submit them to the daily prize drawing in the Tour de Fleece [Ravelry] group...the pictures must be posted by midnight and I didn't want to wait until today's drawing (I'm impatient that way! HA!).

Sirena has been quite happy spinning and plying for the last few days. I had neglected her badly when the loom (Circe) arrived. However, now the loom is calling, so I may warp her today.

As you can tell, I have quite a bit of my normal energy back. I went to the gym this morning and that felt great...I'd really missed it!

Now I'm off to do my errands and shopping before it gets too hot!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...