Friday, October 16, 2009

Eye Candy Friday...

...and it's time for a sky picture:

October morning

This was taken the morning after the big storm. I live the combination of clouds. There's something about an October morning that is so appealing...

I'm taking this afternoon off as the rest of my comp time for working last Sunday. I'll go directly from work to the Pacific International Quilt Festival. The Convention Center is only a 15 minute drive from here. I'll spend the afternoon admiring the handiwork of other quilters and spending a little money on fabric and thread in the marketplace.

One thing I'll make sure to buy is the commemorative pin. Did I tell you I collect pins from the different events I attend? I keep my Stitches West pins on my name tag holder. The rest of the pins I keep on this chatelaine:

Pin Keepers Chatelaine

I took a class for this Pin Keeper's Chatelaine at a Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival [now defunct], pre-2000. It took me a while to finish it, but it is the perfect thing to hold all of my pins. I'll have to look to be sure, but I think the oldest pin is from 1992 or 1993 from Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival; the newest is the 2008 Pacific International Quilt Festival pin. I'm running out of room now, so a bit or reorganization is necessary. However, I'm sure there's room for the 2009 PIQF pin!

Up this weekend: I want to keep it a little quilt-y. I want to finish the machine quilting on the Paint It Red quilt and then start the process of finding loose ends and burying them. Once I have the loose ends taken care of, I'll add the binding and do the final hand stitching. I need to add some sort of quilt label and decide whether to add a hanging sleeve before I do the binding...a few decisions to make.

In between, I'll alternate working on the shawl, the mermaid, and the Rusty Dahliasocks. I'm such a slacker on Socktoberfest this year! I've only spent a handful of hours on my socks...not enough hours in a day!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...