Wednesday, October 07, 2009

let's hear it for sock WIPs...

...and Socktoberfest!  I haven't made much progress yet, but I've started!


Rusty Dahlia socks in progress

The actual color is a bit more rusty, but it was hard to capture this morning.  One thing about Sundara's patterns that I like is that she frequently does not include ribbing in the cuff. You cast on using two strands of yarn and then go right into the cuff pattern using one strand. The two-strand cast-on gives you the stretch to get it over your foot. It's a nice change.


I'm pressing on with the Mermaid, but sadly it doesn't look marginally different than the last picture. Large cross-stitch pieces go so slowly!


The Husband is off on a mountain bike trip with a friend, so the kitties and I are keeping each other company. I wish I could enjoy it more, but work it a little crazed right now. Next week should be better!


(If you are so inclined, please ask the Universe to send oms and support to the family and friends of Ariel S., who passed away today. She was a vibrant young woman and will be missed.)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...