Monday, October 26, 2009

oh, yeah...it's Monday...

...that weekend went by fast!

I pretty much lost most of Friday to the sinus headache from H3LL. Thankfully, it was mostly gone when I woke up on Saturday.

My new range and microwave hood were delivered on Friday. They are sitting in the kitchen waiting for the electrical work to be done.

The Husband got the dishwasher connected and we moved it into place. It was not fun...there is barely enough room for the dishwasher to fit under the cabinet and the insulation was not cooperating. We finally got it into place and after a little fiddling with the water pressure, we did a successful test run to check for leaks. I ran a real load Saturday night and it works great! Yay!! Squeaky clean dishes!

The Husband spent the rest of the weekend preparing for the installation of the microwave-hood combo and continuing with the cabinet modifications. The electrician will do the outlet work on Tuesday and the Husband wants to be ready to go after that.

We are getting a little tired of take-out and food that can be cooked in the microwave, but it's so worth it!

I worked on all sorts of crafts...I had some attention span problems and couldn't stick with one project for an extended period of time.
  • Spent a few hours doing the machine quilting for the Paint It Red quilt. Those little center squares are time-consuming!
  • Worked on the Queen Mermaid cross stitch piece. I am working on her hair and it is crazy-making...five different shades of brown and lots of confetti stitches. (Question of the day: why is there one (1) pale green stitch in only one of the 6 or so hair ornaments? Mistake?)
  • Worked on the Happy Pumpkin scissor fob from Shepherd's Bush. It's cute and it's quick!
  • Spent a few hours weaving the River Rocked shawl. I think I'm about 50% done. One of these days I'll remember to keep track of how many inches I've woven...I always seem to remember after I've done about a quarter of it. 
  • Fixed an error in one of the Rusty Dahlia socks. I was off count by one and had to rip back a couple of rows. Bothe socks are on pattern repeat #2 of 8.

    Here's what they look like:



    Rusty Dahlia socks, as of 10/26

    (These socks were supposed to be finished for Socktoberfest, but that's not going to happen! Not enough hours in the day!)


That's it for the weekend report. And can I just say that Farmville on Facebook is addicting...who knew?!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...