Monday, October 12, 2009

storm front coming...

...we're supposed to get rain tonight. I don't think it's going to wait that long! This was taken early this morning.

Storm Front

My weekend was short, as I put in some extra hours on Sunday for work. So I made the most of my Saturday!

I decided to make lemon scones for the Spin-In and serve them with the Daughter's cream-cheese-pumpkin-butter spread. The scones came out OK (they would have been better is my over worked properly....grrrrr), but the cream cheese spread helped make up for the scones.

Since Spin-In wasn't until the afternoon, I decided to take a trip to Purlescence and see if I could find a warp yarn to use with the latest Rockin' Sock Club yarn. I think I found the perfect tea-dyed wool to go with it. They also had the Second Heddle Kit for my loom; I got that and a second 10epi heddle. I also bought a Schacht Mini Loom Weaving Kit...I think it will perfect for doing samples when I'm trying to figure out how two yarns will work together.

Spin-In was great! I started a new Falkland top (pictures on Wednesday) and spent a few hours chatting with my spinning friends.

After that, I ran to the grocery store to get something for dinner and went home to laundry and work on my cross stitch.

I finally finished the mermaid's tail (YAY!) and went back to working on her upper body. I'll post a new picture on Wednesday.

Anyway, that's it for now....need to finish up my work project! I plan on taking a day off (maybe tomorrow?) as comp time this week, so I better get cracking!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...