Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, a little of this and a little of that...

...the kitchen is still the biggest WIP. The electrician did his thing yesterday and we have power outlets for the new range and microwave hood. However, the Husband still has a little cabinet work to do before we can install the microwave hood, which really should be installed before we move the range in place. Bottom line: still using the old microwave for cooking (or getting take-out, depending on how tired we are). At least i know I won't have to suffer through another Thanksgiving a Christmas with a barely functioning oven! 

On the craft front, the only thing I've worked on is the mermaid. I'm at the point where I can see the end and I want to finish...everything else has fallen by the wayside!  Here's where I left off last night:

Queen Mermaid, as of 10/27

She's getting close to having a face...and I'm almost done with the hair (thank goodness!).

I'm not happy with the rectangular areas that were left open for the large beads that get attached to her body and tail. The beads will not completely cover these areas and I really don't want the linen to show. I've looked at pictures by other stitchers who have completed this project and most did not leave the areas unstitched. I will probably go back and fill these in at the end...

Anyway, I'm making progress!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...