Friday, November 20, 2009

Sky Candy Friday...

...there's a storm coming in, at least that's what they say. It was one of those windy mornings where you could see the clouds flying across the sky. That made it a little difficult to take pictures, but I got a couple.

Light and dark clouds

There's something about being out in early morning when there's hardly any traffic in the neighborhood and things are quiet. This morning, the air was clean and crisp and there were a few birds gliding by. It's about as peaceful as it gets in Sunnyvale, CA. Someday, I have to write about the "real" quiet I experienced living on the coast off Highway 1.

I've finally finished the cross-stitching part of Queen Mermaid and have started on the back stitching. I've fixed a couple of errors along the way, reminding myself why I do all of the back stitching at one time. By focusing on placing the back stitches in the proper place, any missing or uncrossed stitched tend to stand out.

Up this weekend: finish cleaning my house and prepping the Daughter's room for her arrival! (I can't wait to see her!) I also need to do the first grocery run for Thanksgiving...buy the turkey, buy the stuffing ingredients, and any other items that can be purchased ahead of time, I need to clear the refrigerator so I can fit the turkey in for defrosting and then brining.

I need to clear my craft stuff out of the living room so people will be able to sit in there without knocking over piles of cross stitch, spinning, and knitting tools! In between, I will work on whatever crafty things I can. I would like to finish something else this month, but it's not looking good right now!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

ahhhhhhhhh the peace of Highway 1 in Big Sur...I'm sure you can "hear" it right now can't you? There is nothing like it in this world...how fortunate we are that we have lived there and appreciated it...hope your weekend is a fruitful as you plan...mine too...with 16 coming for din-din...I've a ways to go..plus the "official" babyproofing needs to be done...being there will be a 2 year old boy along with Kayla looking for an adventure on Thanksgiving!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...