Wednesday, November 25, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve...

...and I actually have something to show you!

The Queen Mermaid had a minimal amount of backstitching to do (compared to other projects I have stitched) and I was able to finish it in dribs and drabs this week. So here she is, before washing, blocking, and beading. I'll get the washing and blocking done over the weekend.

Queen Mermaid, almost there

The little purple ties on her body are where I will attach the larger beads. I filled in the unstitched areas around them and needed a way to mark the placement so I wouldn't confuse them with the small bead placeholders.

While I'm beading, I'll take care if any stray missing stitched or places where the linen shows through and it shouldn'f. All in all, I'm really happy with the way she looks!

I'm madly writing away on the first draft of a book for a client—it's due at the end of today. I should make it, but I need to get to it!

I'll post over the holidays when I have a little more breathing room.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

What a beautiful work of art....just like EVERYTHING you do! Today...(friday) I finally got to catch up with blogland...and I've put all Thanksgiving "stuff" away this morning...gonna drag out the 10 boxes in garage to start decorating........first up for Christmas is put up my beautiful wall hanging and my stockings (with much care)....I WANTED a mantle to hang them on this year...but alas, so far none...but there is still time!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...