...Happy Blogiversary to me!! It's been 3 years since I started this blog. In that time I've gone from being mostly a cross-stitcher and quilter to being a knitter and spinner. I still cross stitch and quilt, but I spend far more of my craft time knitting and spinning. In honor of the blog turning 3, I'm having a contest! Leave a comment in this post to be entered in a drawing for a skein of Sundara Petals Collection sock yarn (or a skein of my handspun, if you prefer). The winner will be chosen at random from all entrants. Deadline: 1/12/09 at Midnight (Pacific time) Good luck! (Jaywalker socks in progress)
...because it's now November ! (Can you believe it?!) Finished (pictures in my Flickr projects set): Summer of Love Lace socks in the Flower Power yarn from Blue Moon 's Rockin' Sock club Yarn Wench 100% Falkland top (4.1oz) in October Sky Spun and plied on Lendrum Folding wheel Yield : 330.6 yards; 2-ply yarn Weight : 13 WPI, Between Sport and Medium (Worsted) weight In progress: Knitting Montego Bay wrap in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn, using Montego Bay scarf pattern from Interweave Knits Summer issue . Spinning 4+ oz of Yarn Wench 100% Falkland wool top in Josie; 1.5 spindles-full so far Spinning 4 oz of Angora Cottage 70% Merino and 30% Silk roving in purple Started: Knitting the Corrugator scarf in Blue Moon by Spunky Eclectic (my own handspun yarn!) Poppy socks from Sundara's Petals Collection Spinning 4.3 oz of Yarn Wench BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) in Splendor Variation 2; first bobbin Spinning 2 Chasing Rainbows rovings together in the Heather colorway...
...technically it was Saturday, but I don't often post on the weekends. I'm usually too busy running errands and trying to get in some quality crafting time. Before I dive into the weekend report, here's a late entry in the Christmas cookie display. I had to wait until these cookies arrived at their final destination before I could show them. Yes, they are for the same couple for whom I made the marzipan bees! I need a little practice decorating the bees, but I think they turned out OK. Moving on... I was essentially housebound on Saturday while I waited for a delivery (which never came!). I took advantage of the time deconstruct Christmas. I packed 95% of the Christmas decorations and put them back into the storage closet. The remaining 5% are the chile pepper lights and garland that hang from the loft railing. After going up and down the stairs multiple times to get the boxes for the decorations and then put them away, I just couldn't face going up the stair...
Comments