Wednesday, December 30, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, New Year style...

...so I've been thinking about making a resolution or two for the new year. Mind you, I don't usually make resolutions, but sometimes they are useful. And I need to seriously do something about the state of my various craft stashes!

I spent a good deal of yesterday trying to get my spinning fiber stash under control. I'm vacuum sealing some of it to reduce the amount of space it takes and so that I can actually sit at my sewing machine! Well, that led to taking pictures of what was getting stored. It's then I realized just how much spinning fiber I have...believe me, it's a lot!

And then I looked at the fabric...and the yarn...let's not even think about the cross-stitch materials that are already stored away. I have some serious stash. I need to get this under some semblance of control!

So my WIP for today is New Year's Resolutions for my crafts.  Here we go...

In 2010, I resolve to:
  1. Avoid buying more fiber until I have spun at least 10 of the tops/roving that I already have.

    This means staying away from the Order button on The Yarn Wench site. Love her stuff, but I could open a shop of nothing but her fiber!

    Caveat: I am allowing an exception for Stitches West because that only happens once a year and there will be some Indie dyers there.
     
  2. Weave using my handspun fibers.

    I need to clear out the stash of handspun, which is increasing. Since I'm not a fast knitter, weaving is the way to go. Think table runners...

  3. Avoid buying any more fabric and make some quilts!

    I have plenty to make who-knows-how-many quilts in my stash. I could open another shop with Christmas fabric alone!

  4. Go through my WIPS, UFOs, and other things in progress and either finish them or declare them IDJ (It's dead, Jim). Some of them are years in progress and it's time to let go.
So, that's a good start on crafty resolutions. I could go on, but the fiber monster living in my craft room is calling to me!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

sounds like some good plans in the works...when you mentioned you shrunk wrapped your spun yarn, my first thought was...good, she will have plenty of room for more then...haha...

My resolution is to stay calm, and be peaceful...and accomplish SOMETHING...no promises as to what, but several things are kicking around in my pea-brain...if I don't commit, which causes unpeace...then I will have no problem, right?

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...