Monday, January 04, 2010

Back at work...

...trying to get into the swing of things again!

I spent my weekend doing a bunch of things.

We removed the decorations from the the tree and moved it outside. It will be put out for recycling later in the week. I am slowly dismantling Christmas..this will take a while!

I've beaded over half of Queen Mermaid. I started at the bottom (fewer beads) and am moving to the top. I have about 10 hours into the beading and I figure it will be at least another 5 hours before this stage is done. She has a lot of beads in her upper body and head.

I've gotten hooked on FarmVille and Bejeweled Blitz in Facebook, so I lost a few hours there. LOL! The novelty of FarmVille will wear off eventually, but I do love a good game and Bejeweled Blitz is one.

Mostly I reveled in my last hours before returning to work.

I forgot to report that I finished a project on the last day of 2009. The Daughter requested a Calorimetry for a friend, so I pulled some yarn out of the stash and made one. This is Bernat Softee Chunky Ombre in Denim:

Calorimetry #4, view 2

I need to sew on the button, but that won't take long.

Specs:
Started and Finished 12/31/09
Pattern: Calorimetry from Knitty
Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky Ombres in Denim; about 2/3 skein
Needle size: 9US
Mods: cast on 98; next time I use this yarn I'll cast on 92...it's pretty stretchy

Stay tuned...I'll be running another contest to celebrate my Blogiversary tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marie,
what exactly is a Calorimetry?
Lori

marie said...

A Calorimetry is a headscarf (band?) that you put on over your ears and button behind your head.

It's hard to describe, but if you look at the pattern page you'll see some photos of what it looks like on. Shauna loves hers because it keeps her ears warm and doesn't mess up her hair too much.

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...