Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to me...and a contest!

...I started this blog January 5, 2006 as a way to track my craft progress and to share project photos with friends.

When I started, I was primarily a needle worker (cross stitch, needlepoint) and quilter; I was still relatively new to knitting.  Now, needlework and quilting have taken a backseat to spinning and weaving. I still cross stitch, quilt, and knit, but I get more satisfaction from creating yarn and fabric.

In addition to giving me a place to talk about my crafts, this blog has helped make me a better photographer, at least of inanimate items! I still have trouble photographing animals and people. However, my macro photography has improved tremendously.

Who knows what changes the next year of blogging will see!

Now for the contest, let's keep it simple:
Leave a comment on this post by Midnight PST 1/20/10. 

I'll do the random number thing and pick a winner on the 21st.  The winner will receive their choice of yarn (see below), spinning fiber (see below), OR a batch of Grand Marnier Biscotti (a batch is usually 24-30 biscotti).\

Yarn: Choose one the following Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club colors:

Garden Daze (2009):
Rockin' Sock Club, July 2009
or Gertrude Skein (2009):
Gertrude Skein STR
or Goody Goody (2008)
Rockin' Sock Club - July 2008

OR if you are a spinner:
Kilkenny 2, a Merino-Silk top from the Yarn Wench:

Kilkenny 2 Merino-Silk top

Good luck and thanks for reading my blog!

4 comments:

Just Jane said...

WOW!! I'm #1!!! My comment...how much I treasure your friendship. For so many years we were separated, yet when we reacquainted, it was as if we never lost track of each other. So many of our interests have remained the same, and for sure, we raised the most AWESOME daughters in the universe! I treasure our friendship beyond what words can say!!

pettischinovalley said...

Congratulations Marie..I also knit and crochet alot. It is therapy for me that has gotten me through some rough times. Now I get to make things for my Granddaughters!! I am looking forward to keeping up on your blog.
Linda

ikkinlala said...

Happy blogiversary! It's been interesting to see your progression to different types of crafts (your weaving is gorgeous and it makes me want to try weaving too).

EVA SB said...

Congratulations on the Blogiversary and many Happy Returns of the day.

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...