Monday, January 18, 2010

then it is Monday again... (and Contest reminder!)

...and I don't feel like I did a whole lot over the weekend, mostly because you can't see what I did.

I spent most of Saturday packing up the rest of the Christmas stuff. Since I tend to buy a few new things each year (read: Star Trek ornaments and the Daughter's Christmas bells), I was at the point of needing to use another box. Which, in turn, meant that I needed to find room for said-box in the storage cabinets, which resulted in completely emptying said-cabinets and purging a few things.

It's all good...I got rid of non-functional Christmas lights, boxes that I was saving just cuz, and recycled a bunch of store-themed handle bags.  Everything fits into the cabinets now and there is only one catch-all box that I need to go through. I knod of ran out of steam after a few hours.

I did manage to finish Calorimetry #5 so the Daughter could take it with her. Here's Teddy reluctantly modeling it:

Calorimetry, modeled by Teddy

Specs:
Started: 1/6/10
Finished:1/15/10;
Pattern: Calorimetry in Knitty Winter 2006;
Yarn: Lion Brand, Vanna's Choice in Charcoal Print;
Size 9 needles
Mods: Cast on 96

I took advantage of Aaron Brothers 1-cent frame sale and bought two white frames, one for Queen Mermaid and one for the next one. Yes, I am considering stitching another mermaid...yes, I am a little bananas...

I did manage to do a little spinning on Sunday. I finished the second bobbin of Sonnet and Lute and the second bobbin of Simpatico. I started plying Simpatico and will follow with plying Sonnet and Lute. I want to get these two yarns out of the way before I warp the loom for the next project.

Contest Reminder:
Leave a comment on my Blogiversary post to win yarn, fiber, or homemade biscotti!
Deadline is Midnight PST on 1/20/10.
Good Luck!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...