Wednesday, January 06, 2010

WIP-it Wednesday, new year's style...

...I had really hoped to finish this in 2009, but that didn't happen!  While I finally finished the corss stiutch part, the beading is taking quite a while to do.

The designer recommended using YLI invisible thread to attach the beads, which I did on the previous two mermaids. However, this time, I was having a heck of a time with the thread. For one thing, the lighting in the living room is bad and that makes it hard when threading the needle. Also, the thread had a mind of its own and kept getting tangled and was just a pain to work with.  I finally gave up and went to the quilter's trick of using silk thread...it blends well and is easier to use.

I started at the tail and am working up. I am now at the torso. Here's what she looks like so far:

Queen Mermaid, as of 1/6/10

She was always beautiful, but the addition of the beads makes her really stunning. I can't wait to finish her!

Don't forget about my blogiversary contest...leave a comment on this post to win yarn or fiber!

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

WOW...my odds are pretty good so far! What happens if I'm the only entrant? I think I asked this question last year...and it made me loose...haha

marie said...

Then you win the yarn (or fiber)!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...