Monday, March 08, 2010

busy weekend, busy week...

...I have a work project this week that is time-critical, so I'm going to be working aas fast as I can to get it done.

I got a lot accomplished over the weekend. I did some household chores, including the vacuuming and mopping. I almost found the living room in the process, but not quite. I discovered that I need to get the craft room in order first so I have somewhere to move the stuff from the living room! Guess that will have to wait until next weekend!

Most of the time I spent spinning a fiber that's been calling my name since I bought it at Stitches West: Here's what the Fiber looks like:

Midnight Lava Flow batts

This is Midnite Lava Flow...I'll show you the WIP picture on Wednesday. It's turning out beautifully!

While I didn't really need to go shopping again, a friend gave me a gift certificate to Purlescence Yarns. You know I had to check it out, right? LOL!  Here's what I got with my certificate:

Black N Teal alpaca-silk top

This is Alpaca-Silk top from Abstract Fibers. The color is Green N Black. It is so soft you just want to keep petting it!

For Ravelympics, I had pre-ordered the Medal of Honor pin and that arrived today. It is so cute with Bob the mascot wearing his winter hat!

Ravelympics 2010 Medal Of Glory!

This will go on my Stitches badge holder so I don't lose it.

I also received my first 2010 Loopy Ewe Sock Club installment. The yarn is is my colors and we have a choice of two patterns to use it with. The extras are also gorgeous! You have see it behind the spoiler picture:

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

OK, back to work for me!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

VERY NICE SOCKS!! What are the two wood pick like things??

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...