Friday, April 16, 2010

Eye Candy Friday, now with snow!

...as promised, here are some pictures of our trip to Lake Tahoe.

As I mentioned on Friday weather was good when we drove to Tahoe. It was cold, but it was nice to see blue skies. On Saturday, we took a walk along the beach, which was just across the highway from our hotel. I took a few pictures:

Beach at South Lake Tahoe

Freshwater shells

Pinecones and shells at lake's edge

The wedding was at 2:30pm in a park...yes, outside. I was thankful I brought my long wool coat! The wedding was beautiful...

Kevin and Erica

We enjoyed the reception, catching up with family and friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was nice that we could walk to the reception and not have to have a designated driver.

On Sunday, most everyone left in the morning to avoid the storm that was coming in. We decided to keep to our plan of spending the extra day, knowing that we had chains if we needed them.

Well, we needed them! This is what my car looked like Monday morning:

It snowed!

Not too bad, but after checking the CalTrans site, we knew that we would have to use the chains to get over the pass. So how bad was it?

Rear-view icicle

View from the car

Driving Highway 50

My little Honda Fit is not a snow car, but we managed OK. We just chugged along and let everyone pass us!

It was good to get away, but we're happy to be out of the snow!

Up this weekend: Finish putting away all the tax paperwork and getting the living room back into some semblance of order! I want to finish the woven scarf o I can give that to my friend. Other than that, I have no other specific crafty plans. Let's just see what craft catches my eye!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...