Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh, look...it's Eye Candy Friday...

...to be completely honest, I'm just glad it's any-kind-of-Friday! Not that the week has been that bad, I'd just like some time to myself.

This week's Eye Candy is brought to you by the letters G and L.

Green Nectarine...


Little green nectarine

Lemon blossom...


Lemon Blossom

The garden is getting very green and lush. The Husband is busy weeding and planting new flowers and vegetables. Who knows how many tomato plants he'll end up with this year!

The Daughter is now gone for a couple of weeks. She'll be back around Mother's Day to attend her grandfather's memorial (my ex-father-in-law) and then we won't see her again for a while. 

And I finished something else! I finished plying the Blue Lake Lily yarn:

Blue Lake Lily Merino-Bamboo yarn

...and the close-up:


Blue Lake Lily Merino-Bamboo yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 3/20/10;
Finished 4/21/10;
Blue Lake Lily Merino-Bamboo top from Royale Hare;
Spun using the "faux-ro" method; two-ply;
13 WPI 

While the colors didn't quite fall the way T envisioned, I'm happy with the subtle color transitions that resulted. I still need a lot more practice with two-ply, though!


Up this weekend: Decide whether to warp the loom for the next weaving project. I'm not sure if I'm ready to weave something else yet. My sewing machine is starting to call me, so I might finish one of the two quilts that I have in progress. (Well, I have more than two, but I have two tops that are ready to go. The other quilts are still in pieces!) SIrena is still calling me, too. (Or, maybe it's all that fiber that's insulating my craft room!)


It's supposed to be a nice weekend...I could take my spindle outdoors and enjoy the sun!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...