Wednesday, May 19, 2010

hmmmm, Wednesday kind of crept up on me...

...mostly because I've been distracted my having to reload the world on my work PC. [sigh] 

Nothing is ever easy with Windows.  I run Norton Anti-Virus, A-squared Anti-Malware, keep up with my Windows updates, run backups daily, shut down and unplug my PC from the internet, and don't use the Web unless I absolutely have to on the machine. I try and be very careful what I put on it...and I still got some sort of virus/trojan that rendered my machine almost useless. ACK!!

At least I was able to back up my data before I had to reformat. I don't think I lost anything vital. I just have to reinstall all of my applications! This could take a while!

Give me a Mac any day...if the later versions of FrameMaker ran on my Mac, I'd be happy as a clam!

Anyway, this is supposed to be WIP-it Wednesday and as you well know, I'm in a rut with these socks. I really want to be done with them! They will be cool when finished, although I may not want to look at them again for a few months! They are all I've been working on this week. It never bodes well when all I can knit is one or two rows before I get bored. I don't even want to take a picture of them.

It's definitely time to start something else. Maybe another toy...they go very fast and are instant gratification. Off to find my PDF copy of Fuzzy Knits from Fuzzy Mitten...

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

So sorry about your computer!! As for making a "toy"......that's a great idea!! A cute, fun project....Kayla is now old enought to play with her bunny and the kitties........she LOVES them...she has a stack of soft toys, she always reaches for her kitty and bunny......then if in my room for a diaper change...she wants "kitty" to keep her occupied...she just loves them to pieces!!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...