Monday, May 31, 2010

"lazy, I want to be lazy...

..I want to be out in the sun with no work to be done." (Thanks, Irving!)

Yeah, it's been a pretty laid-back weekend for me. I've done some of the things I wanted to and ignored others.

I finished one book (The Good, The Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison) and started another (Stealing Kathryn by Jacqueline Frank)

I finished the Iris yarn:

Iris Merino-Bamboo Yarn

...and the close-up:

Iris Merino-Bamboo yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 5/14/10;
Finished: 5/29/10;
Merino-Bamboo top (4 oz.), Miss Babs Hand Dyed Fiber Goods;
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel;
284.8 yards, 14 WPI

Started another knitting project because I couldn't face the socks:

Reflection Shawl

This is the Reflection Shawl pattern from the May installment of the Loopy Ewe Sock Club. The yarn is also from the May installment,  Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester Socks yarn in Daffodil. The yarn has way too much dark yellow in it for me,  but the yarn itself is great. If I can finish this shawl and it looks OK, it will probably go to a new home where the yellow is appreciated!

I did manage to knit one (!) row on the socks, but that's it. given that today is the last day of May, it looks like I won't finish them this month. Oh, well...

Oh, and I signed up for a couple of sock classes in July! They are both on 7/3 and will be held at Purlescence Yarns in Sunnyvale.  They are: "What Makes a Winning Sock?" and "The Hexagon Socks" from the cover of Think Outside the SOX. Yay!

OK, I'm off to go be lazy again. It's going to be a busy [short] week at work, so I'm going to own that "lazy" for now!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...