Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday already...

...weekends are going by too fast!

Well, I didn't get all of the floors done, but I did manage to vacuum and mop the kitchen floor. At least some of it got done!

I also didn't get anything accomplished on the quilt. Sirena wove her magic and I ended up spinning a good part of the weekend. I finished the second bobbin of the Lily merino-bamboo top. It's now resting until I'm ready to ply it.

One task that caught my attention (and I hadn't planned on doing) was going through my closet and weeding out clothes I haven't worn in at least six months.  The Husband had some things he wanted to get rid of, too. Between the two of us, we came up with three large garbage bags full of clothes and shoes to donate. And the Husband took them to Goodwill right away, so they are out of the house, too! Yay!

The weather was overcast for a good part of the weekend, but I did manage to get outside for a bit and see what's new in the garden. I requested Swiss chard this year and it's coming along:

Red chard leaf

This is a red chard, quite different from the variety my mom used to cook.

In the continuing effort to document the Danish Flag poppies, here is a full blown flower:

Danish Flag poppy, fully opened

You can see the white cross on the inside, which is where it got its name.

The Rusty Dahlia socks continue at their slow pace. I have about 2.5 inches to go before I can start the toe. Man, these are taking forever! I seriously considered starting a new toy, but I'm afraid these socks will never get done if I start knitting something else. I really want to finish these by the end of the month!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...