Friday, May 21, 2010

yes, something has changed...

...I was getting a little tired of the old look and decided to checkout Blogger's new Template Designer. I've been wanting to change the look for a while, but didn't like the options in their set of standard templates. This is still a look in progress as I play with the widgets and audition background images (and try to figure out how to make it so there is no tiling). Don't be surprised if the background changes!

Eye Candy Friday today is all flowers. First, an Aztec Lily, from the front:

Red Aztec Lily #1

...from the side:

Red Aztec Lily #2

Poppy, just emerging:

Emerging poppy

Iris Merino-bamboo, bobbin #1:

Iris Merino-Bamboo, bobbin #1

I made remarkable progress on the Rusty Dahlia Socks last night, which is kind of amazing because they've been putting me to sleep and I watched the 2-hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy (WOW! Was that intense!). I fixed an error from the day before and finished one complete pattern repeat.

Up this weekend: If it doesn't rain, I'd love to do my floors and get some dusting done. As for crafts, I never managed to bring the quilt into the office to baste, so maybe I'll just grit my teeth and do it at home on a clean floor! I'd like to finish spinning the Iris Merino-Bamboo. and get it plied, but we'll see how much time I have!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...