Monday, June 28, 2010

another quick weekend...

...it was over before I knew it!  And it's going to be a busy week around here, too.

I did manage to clear get some of the Daughter's room picked up and vacuumed. There are still a few things to remove, but that will take all of 5 minutes to do. One thing that I've been wanting to do is replace the TV and DVD player in her room, mostly because they were totally useless. The Husband and I went to Fry's and got an inexpensive TV that can double as a monitor, and antenna (no cable in that room), and a $27 DVD player. Nothing fancy, but it's way better that what was in there!

Because the weekend was so hot, I didn't get to do much quilting. On Saturday, I did the stitch-in-the-ditch sewing between the blocks. n Sunday it was too hot to wrestle a quilt, do that's as far as I got. I still haven't pinned the other quilt...

I did finish spinning the second bobbin of Blue Hosta yarn. It's resting for a day or so, and then I'll make a two-ply yarn out of it.

I knit a few more rows on the Reflection Shawl. The longer it gets, the less I like the yellow. It would be so pretty if it was more blue! I'm on row 33 of the patterned section. Only 9 more to go!

The garden is doing very well. I've showed a few pictures of squash and tomatoes, but we also have cucumbers, basil, strawberries, oranges, and garlic. Here is yet-another squash:

Papaya Squash

The cherry tree is big enough now that it provides some shade in our sunny yard. It's nice to sit under the tree and be out of the unrelenting heat! (It's weekends like this one that I wish for air conditioning in the house...)

The Husband is getting ready for his trip to Seattle in a couple of weeks. I had to laugh...the other day he asked me if I had been looking at cameras lately. This was husband-speak for: my camera is broken...if you get a new one, I can have your old one, right? LOL! We've given up buying him new cameras because he can be kind of hard on them. I mean, he goes backpacking, cycling, and mountain biking. You know, outdoors things where cameras can get dropped. 

Well, I had been looking for a new camera, but not seriously. He really does need a camera for his trip to Seattle, so...


My new camera arrived today. I've had good luck with Canon cameras, so I stuck with that brand.  Hope I have time to play with it soon!
   

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...