...can you believe how fast June has gone? The weekends are just whipping by!
Saturday was Spin-In and I finally decided what I was going to make. Scones seemed like a good idea at the time. What I'd neglected to consider was that I had never made them with the new oven. Hmmm, can you spell FAIL? [sigh] They were way done on the outside and not done enough on the inside. And of course, I didn't have enough time to try another batch. Arg!
Plan B: I quickly searched through the refrigerator to see what I had on hand. Score! Cream cheese, goat cheese, a blue brie, and some shredded Parmesan. A pinch of garlic powder, some heavy whipping cream, a dash of dry basil, and couple of minutes in the blender = a very nice cheese spread. And I had some whole grain crackers and some rice crackers to go with it. Whew!
Spin-In was great. I decided to start something new instead of continuing with the batts I had in progress (still trying to figure the best way to spin those.) I started the Blue Hosta Merino-Bamboo-Silk top from Miss Babs that I bought at Stitches West. I spun about 3 ounces of the 4 while at Spin-In. I'm spinning it a little thick than I normally do because I want it to be a two-ply to weave with.
Here's the first bobbin:
My hand was bugging me after this much spinning, so I haven't finish the last ounce yet.
The Husband was a little under the weather all weekend, so we didn't go out for Father's Day. Instead, he requested my Mustard-Chicken Waldorf Salad for dinner. It turned out yummy and it was nice to have something different for dinner.
I thought about working on my quilt, but he was napping on and off all day. My sewing room is right across the hall from our bedroom and I decided to keep things quiet so he could rest. Instead, I worked on the Reflection Shawl while I did the laundry. (WIP picture on Wednesday.)
The shawl is coming along nicely, but I had to stop when I hit a row that didn't seem written correctly. The pattern has the right-side stitches as knit-based stitches and the wrong-side stitches are mostly purls. The row that I stopped at is a wrong-side row that tells me to knit every stitch between the border stitches, but the chart shows to purl every stitch. Now I could be mistaken, given that I read that row at 10pm last night. LOL! So I'm going to check it again and then look online and see whether there are any corrections for the pattern.
All in all, it was a subdued weekend, but enjoyable.
...it's been a week. The Husband continues to deal with his father's estate and taking care of his mother's situation. Any one...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...
...in which there are no new photos of WIPs. Instead, here's a photo of my Abundant Earth Fiber dye kit: I bought this after Stitch...
...and a couple of photo updates. Here is the bobbin full of Mirabel [ Ravelry ] singles: And the current state of Mermaid of the Pea...