Monday, June 07, 2010

short attention span much?

...yeah, I had a few issues with sticking to one project this weekend! However, I did manage to stay with the quilt long enough to get it pin-basted. Here is Flower Power already to machine quilt:

Flower Power, ready to quilt


(Excuse the floor picture. It was too hot to try and hand it in my normal quilt picture location.)

This is another Yellow Brick Road (Atkinson Designs) quilt. I love this pattern because it is easy to cut and assemble.

So, I needed more safety pins to pin this quilt together. Off I went to my local quilt store, The Granary, to get some. And you know what happened, right? I saw some fabric that I couldn't resist. Yeah, I bought it and a few of its friends.

Here comes that attention problem...not only did I get Flower Power ready for quilting, I cut the new fabric for another Yellow Brick Road quilt! I'll show you that on Wednesday.

But wait, there's more...I started spinning a new fiber from The Yarn Wench. While I was stash diving for fabrics that matched the new ones, I found some batts that I recently bought. The colors and the different wools called my name...you know the rest. (I'll show you this on Wednesday, too.)

In keeping with my attention span of a 2 -year-old, I also knit on the Reflection Shawl that I  started a week ago. I frogged back to the mistake I made, fixed it, and kept knitting up to the point where I can start the "wings." I'm still not thrilled with the colors, so I think it is destined for the dye vat when I'm done.

Yes, I was a busy little bee!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...