Wednesday, June 02, 2010

WIP-to-be Wednesday...

...because the socks are nearly done (let's hear a YAY for that).

I almost had them done last night, but ran into a glitch in the toes. I had to frog the toes and start again. If they had a standard toe with decreases on either side of the foot, I probably could have fudged it. However, these have star toes, where some of the decreases are visible on the top of the foot. I  messed up somewhere near the beginning and decided it would bug me too much to leave it that way. Oh, well...

I mentioned that I went to Purlescence Yarns over the weekend to sign up for classes. Well, you know I can never get out of the store without buying something!   I have been admiring  the Mini Mochi yarn, but never saw any colors that I liked until I saw this (The color is a lot more purple and red in real life):

Mini Mochi yarn, variegated

And then I found the perfect solid color companion skeins:

Mini Mochi yarn, purple

These are all destined to be a woven scarf. I'll use the variegated as the warp and the solid color as the weft. I wanted to do it the other way around, but there were only two skeins of the solid color. I think it will make an interesting scarf.

I have not works on the Reflection Shawl since Monday, concentrating on those darn socks. (Hmmm, maybe I should rename them...naw, that would screw up too many links...)
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...