Monday, July 26, 2010

a fine finish for Tour de Fleece...

...we had an end-of-the-Tour Spin-In yesterday. Great company, great food, and lots of spinning. Thanks for hosting, Spinnity!

I spun the singles for this yarn on Saturday and plied them at Spin-In. The corriedale top is from Judy's Novelty Wool in the Lake Tahoe colorway.

Lake Tahoe yarn

and the close-up:

Lake Tahoe yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 7/24
Finished 7/25
Corriedale top (4oz) from Judy's Novelty Wool
130+ yards, Navajo-plied
WPI TDB, somewhere between worsted and bulky

I'm not washing this one until after I've woven it into something.

I finished 4 yarns for this tour, one of which has been a WIP since 2007. I'm quite pleased with my output, especially considering how much I had to do at work. Here's a collage of my Tour de Fleece accomplishments:

Tour de Fleece 2010

One other thing I managed to do this weekend was block the Reflection Shawl. Even after blocking, this shawlette is simply too small for me—it's more of a triangular scarf. I have to admit that it does look very nice blocked. I need to survey my friends and family to see who loves yellow. If I have no takers, it's destined for the dye pot!

Now that I have the shawl done, I can start a new project. Weaving or knitting? I haven't decided yet. Maybe I should go back to the sewing machine and finish a quilt...
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...