Monday, August 30, 2010

last two days of August...

...can you believe it?!  This month has just flown! Time moves at different speeds depending on how busy I am at work. It zooms at warp speed when I have work deliverables to finish! My big project is done now and I have smaller projects to deal with.

I didn't get as many chores done this weekend as I wanted, but I did manage to work on a few craft projects.

On Saturday, the Husband asked me to go with him to the Italian-American Family Festa in San Jose. His Dad met us there. We looked at the craft booths, checked out the prices ($30.00 for a crocheted baby hat seemed a bit much. I bought a nice, wide-brimmed, woven hat for myself for $10.00!), and had some lunch. The Husband was having some back problems so we didn't stay very long. Still, it was nice to be out in the sunshine for a while.

I wish I had brought my camera, though. There was an egret in the Guadalupe river and there were some interesting clouds in the sky. Oh, well...

Craft-wise, I spent some time frogging part of the center cross for Turquoise Trail. I was off by one stitch on one of the sides, which was throwing off the cross. (I need to get a better lamp in our living room because some of my stitching errors are due to the poor lighting in there.) I restitched the area and filled in the cross. I'm really happy with the way it is shaping up.

I knit a little on both pairs of socks. I'm still working on the cuffs for both, but the Mochaberry Brambles socks [Ravelry] are further along than The Beets Go On socks [Ravelry] (formerly known as the My Heart Beats 4U socks). I'm enjoying both patterns, but right now the needlepoint is grabbing most of my attention.

We had an enjoyable Spin-In at Margot's house on Sunday. Originally, we were going to meet at the Sunnyvale Art Cafe, but they're closed on Sunday. Instead, we went to Margot's, which happened to be up the block and around the corner from my house!  I worked on the second bobbin of the Ocean Merino-silk top from Redfish Dyeworks. I have less than an ounce left to spin and then I have to decide how to ply it.

In between all of this, I managed to get the laundry done, run a load of dishes, run to the grocery store, and do a little cleaning. Oh, yeah, and I cooked dinner last night!  We have an abundance of tomatoes and basil in the garden, so I made spaghetti with lightly sautéed tomatoes, basil, onions, and garlic in olive oil. I tossed it all with some freshly ground pepper and shredded Parmesan cheese. Yummy!

Oh and remember when I said my mom found some slides of my graduation at Hearst Castle? Here's one of our processional:

Graduation processional

I'm at the head of the line, crossing behind the guys in red.  Our processional came down the staircase from one of the guest houses. The Neptune Pool is to the left of the audience.

Back on Wednesday with some WIPs!
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...