Tuesday, August 17, 2010

my Tuesday posts are starting to get more common...

...mostly because Mondays have been a little busy.

The weekend report: I finally finished Flower Power! Yay!

Flower Power Quilt

Specs:
Started: 2004
Top completed: May 2004
Finished: 8/14/2010
Pattern: Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Design
Machine quilted; made a matching pillow cover (not shown)

I'm still having problems taking pictures of quilts. The one place that I can hand them requires rearranging the furniture and the lighting isn't that great. I tried taking them outside, but I really don't have anyplace to hang the quilt. Oh, well!

I also finished spinning bobbin #1 of a beautiful merino-silk top from Redfish Dyeworks. It's gorgeous stuff! Pictures tomorrow for WIP-it Wednesday.

My friend, Loretta, and I went to Green Planet Yarn on Sunday. What a great store! There are lots of non-animal fiber yarns that are yummy, so I have some really good options if The Daughter wants me to knit or weave her something. They have a great selection of other yarns, too. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I bought 4 skeins of yarn, 2 for a woven scarf and 2 to use as inspiration for spinning thick-and-thin yarn.

So, I have this birthday coming up and it's a pretty big one. A big birthday requires a big present, right? Well, the Husband decided to see if he could get my present locally; he knew he could order it online. Well he came home with my present on Sunday:


My iPad! And I got to open it early, too!  I have now downloaded 6 books that I've been waiting to buy and am happily reading away. And I love reading at night...I don't need to turn on a light or have a booklight because it's backlit. I'm still exploring apps to download, so this will keep me occupied for a long time! Love it!
 

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

YOU DESERVE THE VERY BEST!!!! They are fun, aren't they? I've yet to download some pictures and music to mine....and do wonder about the backlight, but it's not been an issue..being someone gave me a perfect clip on light that works perfect with my Nook!! Enjoy, we need "toys" once in awhile!

Bogie said...

A finished quilt AND an iPad?! Woo hoooooo!!!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...