Tuesday, September 14, 2010

and here we are at the end of Tuesday...

...there was no Monday post and there for a while, it seemed like there might not be a Tuesday one either. The last few days have been busy ones...lots of work tasks completed, which is a good thing. It just means that I don't have a lot of time to edit pictures and do a blog post!

The weekend was fun and full of activities.

On Saturday, the Husband went to the Mountain View Art & Wine festival with his dad, while I cleaned the house a bit and baked some cookies. I took the cookies to Spin-In in the afternoon. Because the hostess lives a block away, I put my wheel on its rolly cart and walked to her house. I finished the second bobbin of the Ocean Merino-Silk yarn and prepped the next thing to spin.

On Sunday, the Husband and I went to the Mountain View Art & Wine festival together. Yes, he went twice. The Mountain View festival is huge and his Dad can't walk that much. So the Husband always goes with me the next day because I like to see everything! I usually don't buy anything, but I get lots of ideas for my own crafty projects. This time, I bought a couple of pairs of earring from the East-West Bookstore...everything was 10% off so I couldn't resist.

After a few errands, I settled in to ply the Ocean yarn and watch the season finale of True Blood. (Love me some Eric Northman!) Here's the finished yarn:

Ocean Merino-Silk yarn

and a close-up:

Ocean Merino-Silk yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 7/25/10;
Finished: 9/12/10;
Merino-silk top from Redfish Dyeworks;
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel;
Yield: 232.6 yards, Navajo plied;
WPI: est. 12

It a bit "energized" and still needs a bath. Not sure what I'll make out of this one!

On Monday, my Loopy Ewe Sock Club installment arrived. The patterns look interesting; the yarn color is OK (a little too Autumn for me, but not too bad), but the extras are fabulous: a jar of Foot Créme in Peppermint by Soak and a tin of Lotion Bar in Vanilla Mint by Lavasea. Both are nicely scented and not overpowering. The Foot Créme is absolutely heavenly! I will buy more of this! Anyway, there's a picture behind the spoiler:

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

I attempted to take pictures of my wonderful Birthday Box, but I am not doing it justice. I'll keep trying, because you must see how beautiful it is!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...