Wednesday, September 29, 2010

no-WIP Wednesday...

...because you really don't need to see my incomplete socks, incomplete needlepoint, and incomplete scissor fob again. Trust me, they don't look significantly different from the last time I showed them to you.

I have actually worked on the needlepoint project this week. After I received the turquoise silk I ordered weeks ago, I immediately completed the turquoise borders. Big sigh of relief that I finally could finish them!

The last few days have been so hot that knitting has just not been appealing. (Vegging out on the couch, watching TV, and drinking Diet Pepsi has been much more appealing...)

Usually when it's this hot, there are no clouds in the sky. Seeing these was a pleasant surprise yesterday evening:

September Sunset

I really need to get back into my knitting. The next Blue Moon Fiber Arts sock club installment will be arriving soon, and I know it will be tempting to cast on. I don't want to have more than two pairs of socks on the needles, so I better finish something real soon now!

At least someone has been industrious in the heat. Here's what I saw this morning when I got to work:

Web work

The courtyard in our office complex has several huge redwood trees and a lot of smaller trees. This spider was very industrious, and from the looks of the rips in the web, very successful. The spider was sitting in the middle of the web in the morning sun—it was pretty big and easy to see. When I went out at lunch-time, the web was gone.

Just no appreciation for a spinner's work...
 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...