Monday, November 08, 2010

Make-up Monday...

...as in making up for the camera-fail on Friday.

We have very few things blooming right now...a very confused plum tree and a few flowers. These are some Icelandic poppies in our window boxes:

Orange Icelandic poppy

Gold Icelandic poppy

Poppy in the morning sun

There are still a few chile peppers that are not quite ready, like this Trinidad Scorpion chile:

Trinidad Scorpion Chile

You have to wonder about anything with "scorpion" in its name...

The weekend report: I got a lot further on the Daughter's room than I intended, mostly because my brother is coming to stay with us for a night and I thought it might be nice if he could use the bed! There's still more work to be done, but I think I've done as much as I can until she gets home and decides how to organize her closet, etc.

In between chores, errands, and mailing my package, I spun a little of this:

Swamp Merino Bamboo top

I bought this at Stitches West 2010 from Fiber Fiend. It surfaced when I was putting stuff away in my craft room. When I couldn't decide which craft to work on, I remembered it and decided to spin it up. I've spun about half of it so far and really like the way it's working up. I'll post a WIP picture on Wednesday so you can see. This is destined to be a 3-ply that I will use as a weft for some TBD weaving project.

About the only other thing I did on the weekend was finish Indulgence in Death by JD Robb. It's her newest book and I really enjoyed it. I'm about 75% into Skein of the Crime by Maggie Sefton so I should finish that one up pretty soon. Guess I should read slower so they last longer. LOL!
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...