Monday, November 15, 2010

random Monday...

...because this day has completely escaped me!
  1. Never schedule your car's routine maintenance for Monday morning at 8:30am. Between the parents dropping their kids off at school and people who have forgotten how to drive over the weekend, it will take you longer to get to the car dealership than it will take them to do your oil change. Ask me how I know...
  2. Take pictures when you think of it over the weekend, because you might have done #1 above and ran out of time to take them before you left home. (Sorry, no pictures!)
  3. Thanksgiving is next week, people!
  4. Visited the brand new mega-Safeway over the weekend, along with 50 thousand other people (there's another "never" for you). This puppy is huge! They have a much larger produce section and a large prepared food/cheese section than any other Safeway I've been to. But, their selections in the meat area are still limited to the same stuff and the beef is expensive.
  5. Finished spinning my Swamp Merino-Bamboo yarn. Pictures on Wednesday.
  6. Found a little more floor in my craft room!
  7. Washed the sheets and tidied the Daughter's room a bit.
  8. Narrowed down the new cookie recipes to 10 possibles. Need to scan and OCR them, which will make me read them in more detail. Then I can decide which ones to make.
  9. Note to self: use the convection feature for cookies, not for pumpkin bread....the bread rises too much in the center and doesn't bake all the way through. Had to discard part of a pumpkin bread loaf because it was not done; the rest of it was perfect.
  10. Has anyone seen my sock knitting mojo? It's run away again...

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!! Sorry about last night...was a long, busy day...today also, off to Flagstaff for my "check up".......talk to you soon........I'm brain dead...

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...