Wednesday, November 03, 2010

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and I still haven't done a recap for October. Oops!

I've been working on two projects: the Mochaberry Bramble socks and Turquoise Trail. The socks don't look substantially different than the last picture I showed you, but the needlepoint does:

Turquoise Trail, as of 11/3/10

As I mentioned, I finished the Neon Rays sections (shiny, light blue). I was having trouble positioning some of the elements and decided to do some sections out of order. According to the pattern I'm not supposed to do the metallic rays (the circular medallions in the upper right and lower left) until step 11. Stitching these will help me determine when to stop stitching in the sections where the rays appear.

There is still a lot to do. Maybe I'll finish it this year, and maybe not given that December is cookie month!

I've been perusing the holiday magazines, checking out the cookie recipes to see if there are any new ones that catch my fancy. I'm seriously disappointed with Better Homes and Gardens publications this year. They are recycling cookie articles and recipes from last year, including the pictures, and duplicating the recipes in several of their current holiday publications. Why should I buy a magazine that has recycled content? I've been buying their Holiday Cookie issue every year since they first started publishing them (1980?) and I haven't seen this much recycling in all that time. [Sigh] It sort of takes the fun out of it!

I'll get that recap posted sometime soon...
 

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...