Wednesday, February 16, 2011

blog and run Wednesday...

...because I have a ton to do before I can get out of here today.  I've been so busy, I've been zonked at the end of the day.  I haven't been able to get my class materials together for Stitches West yet!  This is why I take Thursday off...my clients always seem to come up with something they want by the end of Wednesday. At least I have most of tomorrow to get ready!

Blog posting will be sporadic (I know...what's new!), but I hope to get pictures of my Stitches West purchases uploaded as soon as I can. I'm on a more restricted budget this year...the economic downturn finally hit us. :-( However, I've severely cut back on my online purchases so I can spend some money at the market. I plan on buying from the local yarn stores who are at the market whenever possible!

I leave you with this picture to hold you over...red velvet mini-cupcakes:

Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes


I used the Magnolia Bakery recipe. Many of the recipes that are marked Magnolia Bakery use vanilla frosting. I wanted cream cheese frosting, so I used this recipe. I added crushed red hots to the frosting because Sprinkles posted on Facebook that they were adding them for Valentine's Day...it sounded good to me!  Anyway, this makes a lot of mini cupcakes...I made 48, and I still had enough batter left over to make 20 full size cupcakes!

Those of you going to Stitches West, enjoy! Maybe I'll see you there!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...