Monday, March 28, 2011

blue skies, nothin but blue skies...

....from now on. (If I wish it, it will happen, right?)

The weekend was somewhat productive. I got a few chores done and went to the grocery store. Mostly, I just hung out on the couch either spinning or knitting.

I spun two bobbins of singles for the Freestone Fireworks merino-tencel top I bought at Stitches West from Royale Hare.

Freestone Fireworks yarn., singles

The Blue Whale shawl took another step back as I was not happy with the way the second section was shaping up. I pulled back to the lifeline and started section two again. It's looking much better this time. I swear I'm doing the same thing I did before...why it's looking better thing tine, I had no idea.

I spent a little time looking through my fabric stash and found a couple of fabrics that might work for the wall hanging. The problem is, one of the fabrics is not really in my stash...it's one of the fabrics for the other commissioned piece. Since The Granary was open for the last Sunday of the month, I went in to see if I could find the same fabric plus one that would work with the other piece from my stash. I found a couple of things, but I really need to spend some time sketching this out. I'm having trouble visualizing the finished piece. If I can't see it in my mind, it's going to be hard to sew it!

I was looking forward to received my Rockin' Sock club installment this month. The January installment patterns didn't appeal to me and I was really hoping this one would have patterns I liked. The package arrived today....love the patterns! However, the yarn is way too bright and 60's... I like half of the colors in the skein, but the other half...Aiee! Anyway, the picture is behind the spoiler:

BMFA: We Will SOCK You

Our company party is Saturday and I need to settle on what I am making. I signed up for dessert, but may make an appetizer, too, if it looks like we need more food.  The theme this year is Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes in honor of Hans Christian Andersen's birthday (4/2). I have a couple of ideas that will work. I just need to pick one!
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

Oooh, wow, well, I love those colors!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...