Monday, March 21, 2011

rainy days...

...lots of them lately. (10 points if you started humming Rainy Days and Mondays!) When I went home on Friday, there was a little break in the rain, but it didn't last long.

Friday night sky


Except for a trip to the grocery store, I stayed inside most of the weekend. I did a little of this and a little of that.

I did make progress on the commissioned quilt. I'm working on an element for the backing and it will take some time to complete.

I finished the Sebastopol Raspberry Farm yarn [Ravelry]:

Sebastopol Raspberry Farm yarn skein

and the close-up:

Sebastopol Raspberry Farm yarn, close up

Specs:
Sebastopol Raspberry Farm yarn
Started 3/13/11
Finished 3/20/11
Merino Bamboo top (4 oz) from Royale Hare
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel
208.4 yds 2-ply
12 WPI

It has long runs of pink and green, with some barber pole sections in between. I don't think the Husband was too impressed by the colors as they are a little bright. In a woven scarf with the right warp though, I think the colors will mellow out.

I worked on the Blue Whale shawl for several hours. After unraveling it several more times, I finally figured out which left/right increase stitches were going to work for me. Then I had to unravel it one more time because I made an error. (Doh!) I'm finally making forward progress! Now that I have about 4 inches knitted, I love the color of this yarn even more.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...