Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday and goodbye June...

...it seems like you just got here! I'd officially like to ask Time to slow down a bit on the weekends...I have lots I want to do (like sleep) and 48 hours for a weekend is not enough! Thank goodness we have a 3-day weekend coming up.

As promised, here is a picture of Turquoise Trail, as of last night:

Turquoise Trail, as of 6/28/11

I'm making steady, if somewhat slow, progress. Craft Nights have been a wonderful way to make sure I work on it for 2 hours each week. Of course, it's hard to see progress when I'm working basketweave stitches to fill the background. Look at the upper-left quadrant of the picture: see those two narrow sections with turquoise stitching in the background? Those stitches took me about  2.75 hours to do. It's a toss-up whether I dislike basketweave stitching or working with rayon ribbons more. They are both a chore!

Anyway, to make up for the lack of pictures yesterday, here is what our sky looked like this morning:

June morning, another view

This was taken just after sunrise. Most of these clouds were gone by 9am.

In looking back at my pictures, I noticed that I've cut back on the number of sky pictures I've been taking, It was not intentional, but a fallout being so focused on my day-to-day that I haven't taken the time to look up. There is something so peaceful about watching the clouds go by and I need some serenity right now.

Got to work on that...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...