Friday, July 08, 2011

Tour de Fleece, day 6 and Eye Candy Friday...

...first the short Tour de Fleece report: I spun for 60 minutes. The Husband got up at 3am to leave for Seattle and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I spent most of the day in a fog and nearly fell asleep at my desk!  After dinner, I recovered a bit and managed to get an hour of spinning done. I'll probably get the same amount done tonight, but Spin-In will get me back on track.

Today's Eye Candy is brought to you by the color Green, because that seems to be he color that attracted me most when I took these pictures!

Pimento pepper flower:

Pimento pepper flower

Morning dew on tomato leaves:

Morning dew 2

Green Amish Paste tomato:

Amish Paste tomato

Baby strawberries:

Little green strawberries

Asiatic lily bud:

Asiatic Lily bud

Bougainvillea (well, you know purple will always catch my eye!):

Bougainvillea

Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow, so I need to make some sort of goodie to share. The weekend will be filled with spinning, spinning, and more spinning. I hope my knee holds up!

After looking at the garden this morning, I also need to pick a bunch of nectarines to save them from the wildlife in the backyard. The Husband didn't get a chance to put bird netting on the nectarine trees before he left, so I'm going to be fighting off the birds. They've already gotten some choice ones, so I better pick them first thing in the morning!

It's supposed to cool off a bit for the weekend, which means I can work on the commissioned quilt when I'm not spinning for Tour de Fleece.

Have a good one!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...