Monday, July 11, 2011

Tour de Fleece, day 9...

...I finished another yarn. Yay!

Here is Armstrong Woods Redwood:

Armstrong Woods Redwood handspun

and the close-up:

Armstrong Woods Redwood handspun, close-up

Specs:
Started 7/6/11
Finished 7/10/11
Merino-Tencel (4 oz) from Royale Hare
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel
Yield: 269.8 yds chain-ply, 13 WPI

This yarn is has a few segments that are energized, but for the most part it's pretty balanced. I consciously slowed down when I was plying, which made the plying process take longer but resulted in a much better yarn.  The colors remind me more of watermelon than redwoods, though.

I started spinning a new one during the East Coast feed of True Blood. I can't watch TV and work on the quilt (at least at this stage), so I continued to spin until my show was over.

After dinner, I finished taking care of all the loose threads on the quilt back. Next, is hand-sewing the binding. I'm getting closer to the end of the quilt. I rally do like the way it looks!

Today is a rest day for Tour de France and Tour de Fleece. Usually, I spin during rest days, but this time I think I'll rest my hands!

I haven't officially heard from the Husband about his Seattle-to-Portland ride, but my niece posted a few pictures. He looks like he's in one piece (LOL!) after completing his 19th STP. I suspect he'll call tonight.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...