Friday, August 19, 2011

Hello, Eye Candy Friday...

...it's been a week.  We'll get to that in a minute. First, let's have some eye candy.

Nasturtium leaves, just because they are pretty and green:

Nasturtium leaves

Little gala apples, because we actually got to eat apples this year. Fewer squirrels means more apples for us!

Gala apples

Wonderfully shaped Anna Russian tomatoes:

Anna Russian tomatoes

A green and gold tomato:

Green and gold tomato

Freshly-picked red tomatoes:

Fresh tomatoes

For the first time since I heard about them several months ago, I managed to remember the date and time for the Phat Fiber box. I scored a Fiber box on the first try! Must be beginner's luck! The box arrived faster than I expected and was filled with wonderful samples.

Bollywood Phat Fiber box

The theme is Bollywood and I'm loving the bright and shiny colors of the fibers.

Bollywood Phat Fiber box colors

Don't you just want to dive in?

Anyway, that box was the bright note this week. On Monday I got my new glasses and let me say that while I love the frames for both my regular and sunglasses, I am less than pleased with the vision improvement (or lack thereof). However, I was willing to give myself a few days to determine whether it was simply due to the new prescription or due to the optometrist not getting the right correction.

Then on Wednesday, I started to see flashes of light in my right eye. This, of course, totally freaked me out. Thank goodness Kaiser decided that I should come in right away and got me in that afternoon. They dilated my eyes and numbed them so they could get a good look at what was going on and take some measurements of my cornea. (Ewww!) My eyes did not get back to normal until about 10pm!

Bottom line is that everything is OK except for the cataracts developing in both eyes (which I knew), but I now have new floaters in my right eye. Oh, yay. I lost half a day of work for that and now I'm trying to adjust to my new floaters and catch up on lost time. Plus, I still don't see as clearly as I want. Hmpf!

The good news is that I can knit even with my vision a little wonky. I've managed to finish clue #2 and part of clue #3 for the Westknits KAL shawl. Here's what it looks like so far:

Westknits Mystery KAL, as of 8/19/2011

Up this weekend: Some sleep, I hope. I really wiped myself out last weekend cleaning the house for my Mom's 2-hour visit. I've already let my husband know that my plan is to do crafty things. We'll see how far that gets me!
 .

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...