Monday, August 22, 2011

Hey, look a post...on Monday!

..bet you didn't think I could do it, right?

Aside from grocery shopping and a couple of chores (like laundry) that need to get done every weekend, I didn't do anything other than crafty stuff.

I finished knitting section 3 of clue #3 for the Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2011, AKA Mysterious Waters [Ravelry]. I found a stitch count problem when I picked it up again and had to fix that first. Otherwise, I think I would have finished clue #3.

When I finished section 3, I had to decide what size shawl I was going to make. While I love the colors I choose and the way they are used in the pattern, I decided that I was not going to wear this if it was a medium or large shawl, but would wear it if it was more like a scarf. (If I'm going to wear a triangular shawl, I want it to be lacy.) So I'm making the small size which requires a repeat of section 2 before I can go on to the final clue, which I downloaded today. You won't see any more pictures until it's done. :)

The Bollywood Phat Fiber box was calling my name. I fondled the fibers again (!) and decided that it wouldn't hurt to do a little spindle spinning with one of the samples. That was my downfall. I love the bright and shiny colors of the red that I choose. So I picked up another...and another! Then I transitioned to the wheel because it was faster. I intended on Navajo-plying most of them, but then decided that 2-ply and singles would show off the colors better. So by then end of Sunday, here's what I'd spun and plied:

Spinning Bollywood, part 1

I'm totally in love with the pink and gold single in the upper-left corner of the picture. And the red 2-ply at the bottom right, too!  I have a bunch more to spin and then I think I'll weave a narrow scarf that uses all of the colors. It will be bright, shiny, and very happy!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...