Friday, August 05, 2011

Just another Eye Candy Friday...

...and I'm actually posting on schedule. Woo hoo!

Today we have pink amaryllis (AKA pink n@ked ladies):

Pink Amaryllis moons

Purple lantana:

Purple Lantana

Yellow lantana:

Yellow Lantana

and a weed (Field bindweed).

Even weeds can be pretty

We harvested a few vegetables last night...a gherkin, a cucumber, and a couple of tomatoes:

Mini-harvest

Here's a close-up of that gigantic gherkin:

On the surface of a gherkin


Up this weekend: A few chores, a few errands, followed by weaving and knitting. I want to make progress on the Mas y Mas shawl I'm weaving. I also want to make progress on the Beets Go On socks. What is really tempting me right now is a new Knit-A-Long...the Westknits Mystery KAL 2011: Earth and Sky [Ravelry]. I really enjoyed knitting his shawl pattern for the Pro-Verbial club (Blue Whale Shawl on Ravelry). The mystery shawl looks intriguing...I might have to do a little stash diving over the weekend!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...