Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and we have a little more Bollywood spinning going on.

Here are the latest two:

Spinning Bollywood #2

Both of these samples came with sequins and the red also had some gold beads. I plan on plying the red single with the add-ins, but I'm not sure about the other. I wasn't in love with the colors when I opened the box, but adding the pink silk to it really helped.

I'm going to try to ignore the other samples until I finish the Westknits KAL shawl. There is a prize thread for the KAL and you must post a finished photo of your shawl starting 9/1. I'd like to enter the drawing, so...

The Turquoise Trail needlepoint project is still progressing. I found an error in the pattern last night that caused me to frog a few stitches. Nothing major, just the number of plies was written wrong. I knew that the full strand of 12-ply silk was too thick for the section within 3 stitches, so I didn't worry about it too much. Then I tried to split the silk into two six-ply chunks. OMG...I'd forgotten what a pain silk can be! I'm back on track now. I hope there aren't too many more sections that need 6 plies of silk!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...