Friday, September 16, 2011

Eye Candy Friday...

...yup, I'm still here. This week was just completely out of control from the very beginning. Between project stuff and HR stuff, my time just gets sucked into a black hole. Stir in a few doctor appointments and there if nothing left over by the end of the day. It looks like next week is going to be more of the same...

How about some eye candy? I know I could use some!

A tendril on a pink Passion Vine...


Pink Passion Vine tendril

A pink Double Azalea...

Pink Double Azalea

An open Scarlet Larkspur...

Scarlet Larkspur, open

Flowering Purple Basil...

Flowering purple basil

Purple Verbena...

Purple Verbena


Love that purple verbena!

Up this weekend: In the continuing quest to see better, I have an appointment with my optometrist on Saturday to get my new gas permeable contact lenses. It's been two years since I last wore contacts...I gave them up because I just was not happy with the blurry vision that soft lenses gave me. The optometrist and I are hoping that going back to gas perms will give me sharper vision. It will still be blurry because of these dang cataracts I'm developing, but it should be better than I'm seeing now. I wore hard lenses for 25 years, and then gas perms, so I don;t expect them to be a problem. I just have to get used to them again.

I'm still hoping to make it to the San Mateo Quilt, Craft, and Sewing Festival on Saturday, but I'm not holding my breath. With an eye appointment in the middle of the day and San Mateo being a good 40 minutes each way, the timing might not work out right.

I might have to console myself with a trip to the yarn or fabric store!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...