Monday, September 19, 2011

it's Monday and I'm posting...

...Woo hoo! Of course, it is late afternoon. And I have no pictures to show you. I guess you can't have everything.

Quick hits:
  • I picked up my contact lenses on Saturday, Almost immediately, my sight improved! Yay! It will take some getting used to as I haven't worn contacts in 2.5 years, and gas perms in at least 5 years.
  • I working on my Tealing Groovy quilt. I finished quilting the cover and started the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting. 
  • I started a new pair of socks. I started knitting Pomatomus [Ravelry] [Web]. I'm using a stash yarn, Socks That ROck lightweight in Peacock. I've finished the ribbing and have started the first pattern repeat.
  • I'm considering starting a second pari of socks using another stash yarn, Socks That Rock Lightweight in Mustang Sally. I have a coupls of patterns that will work well for this nice red yarn, but I haven't picked one yet.
  • I might start another shawl, this one from a Loopy Ewe kit. It's the Nefertem Shawl by Kristen Kapur in Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Midnight Rendevous (sic) [Ravelry]. 
Tomorrow is registration for Stitches West!  A friend and I want to take one of the weaving classes. I hope we both get in!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...