Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monday, Tuesday...

...can't trust either day. I started this post on Monday, and now it's Tuesday.  I hope it's not Wednesday when I finish it!

My weekend went partially as planned and partially not.

As planned, I attended Spin In on Saturday. My wheel was acting up a bit...I think she was miffed that I've basically ignored her for a month. She settled down after an hour or so, but this served as a reminder that I should spin at least a few times a month to keep the wheel happy.

After thinking about it, I decided to start a new bump of fiber at Spin In. I pulled Lisbon 1, a Merino-Silk by Yarn Wench,  out of my stash. It's a nice blend of rust, orange, violet, and purple.  I'll finish up Isonzo at some point, but for now something more Fall-like appealed to me.

The unplanned part of my weekend involved going with the Daughter to see her new apartment. Yes, the Daughter is moving to her own place and she's excited! We're excited for her as it represents getting back on her own after nearly a year with us. It's hard when you're an adult to come home to live with your parents, but it was the best thing to do at the time. We've been really fortunate to have her with us for this long, but we can only be happy for her to a place to call her own.

The apartment is newly renovated with new appliances and is in a secure complex. She has a ground floor unit that has a nice view off the patio. It's small, but there are lots of amenities in the apartment and in the complex.  It's very near a Whole Foods, a shopping mall, and restaurants. We went shopping afterwards and she bought an sofa and bed for her new place. She'll be moving in next month, so it's happening pretty quickly!

No pictures today, but I have some from my Sunday walk that I'll post some time this week. The way things have been going lately, it might not be until Friday, though!
.







No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...