Wednesday, November 09, 2011

it's Wednesday already...

...and it's been a strange week so far.  It's almost 6pm and this is the first time I've had a chance to post! Because it's so late, you get a random post.
  1. No knitting progress since Friday.
  2. But I signed up for the Cookie A Sock Club anyway (oops)
  3. I have a weaving project percolating in my brain...we'll see how long that takes to bubble to the surface. (Think charcoal gray, black, with some random red strands.)
  4. I am making a baby quilt for one of the Daughter's friends, so I went fabric shopping on Saturday.  Her colors are chocolate brown and pink. and I already had a panel I could use. I was looking for backing, border, and binding fabric. Love the backing fabric I bought, but I'm just OK with the the border/binding fabric. After I got home, I found some fabric online that I think I might like better, so I ordered it. The baby is not due for another month, so I'm not under a complete time crunch yet.
  5. I finished Hopi!  (see below for pictures and specs).
  6. I started Zuni, another design by Susan Portra. It's in the beginning stages, so it doesn't look like much yet:
Zuni, first stitches

Here is the completed Hopi:

Hopi, complete

and a close up of the center motif:

Hopi, center detail

Specs:
Started: before 2008
Finished: 11/6/2011
Hopi, in the green colorway
Design by Susan Portra
Modifications: None

I really love how this turned out!

Back on Friday with some Eye Candy, I hope!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...